National Sales Manager-Hayes Bicycle Group
Posted by Hayes Performance Systems on 05/08/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: Hard Goods/Equipment
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Hayes Performance Systems was founded in 1946 as HH Products, a Milwaukee manufacturer of parts for outboard motors and small engine components. Today, we are a multi-national business boasting world class operations in North America, Asia and Europe.
Since 2005, Hayes has offered a full portfolio of bicycle products and systems to service the needs of more than 250 original equipment bicycle manufacturers and enthusiasts worldwide. Hayes Bicycle Group includes a family of product lines including Hayes Brakes, Reynolds, SUNringlé, Manitou, Wheelsmith, and ProTaper MTB.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and a key member of the sales management team, we are seeking a motivated individual with proven national sales management experience in the cycling industry to join Hayes Bicycle Group as our US National Sales Manager.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for creating a positive customer experience in a variety of arenas including Retailer and Sales Rep Engagement, Customer Care, Hayes Road Show and Tech & Warranty. The National Sales Manager is required to visit accounts with sales staff monthly for approximately 5 to 10 work days on average per month. The National Sales Manager is responsible for evaluating market conditions, forecasting sales, managing territory distribution, growing sales by region and by dealer, enforcing Hayes’ global warranty policy, approving / coordinating / training service centers, creating technical documents and videos and developing goals and achieving results in line with expectations. This position is based remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and goal achievement of the domestic sales team of independent sales reps
- Manage the Customer Care Team, ensuring proper order entry, shipping and being responsive to customer inquiries via the website, email, chat or phone calls in a timely manner
- Manage the Tech / Warranty / Service process and experience, addressing quality issues for OEM’s, distributors, retailers and consumers
- Manage the Hayes Road Show program supporting the sales team by scheduling and identifying key bicycle dealers, industry events, OEM tuning & training clinics as necessary
- Document any quality issues and coordinate corrective action with product management, engineering as well as manufacturing or suppliers
- Develop and manage the budget, reporting metrics and department goals for areas of responsibility
Highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking, comfortable leading others, and able to drive process improvement
Knowledge of IBD structure, relationships are preferred at least regionally if not nationally
Technically capable, to know the vocabulary of cycling and passionate cyclist preferred
- Sound and broad business acumen with the ability to solve customer inquiries
- Ability to manage and interact with diverse business divisions, functional departments and diverse markets, including Europe and Asia
Strong marketing experience in building competitive programs for retailers
- General knowledge and comfort working with software programs such as CRM systems, Office 365, Mail Chimp as well as ERP, B2B, D2C, and Tech / Warranty / Return Authorization applications
5-10 days per month on average
Travel to tradeshow and dealers events as required
Potential international travel
Cycling industry experience: Minimum of 10 years in the cycling industry
Sales experience, as account manager, manufacturer’s rep of at least 7 years
Sales leadership experience, preferred at least 3 years
Position may be based remotely
Full-time benefits include healthcare package, company matched 401k, PTO in a high quality progressive work environment.