Fitness and Wellness Director
Posted by Staenberg Loup Jewish Community Center on 05/20/2019
Industry Sector: Fitness
Job Categories: Management
Company Type: Association
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Job Title: Fitness & Wellness Director Reports to: Manager Title
Location: JCC Denver Exemption Status: Exempt
Expected Start Date: XX/XX/XXXX Pay Class: Salary
The Staenberg-Loup Denver Jewish Community Center is seeking a dynamic Fitness & Wellness Director for our recently fully renovated center! We are looking for an energetic, creative, and enthusiastic leader to join our team. The role of Fitness & Wellness Director is critical to the success of transforming the JCC Denver and growing our membership and moving our vision forward. This individual will be a member of the leadership team and engage regularly with the community, lay leaders, the JCC Denver team and national organizations. Our Director of Fitness & Wellness oversees a full-service fitness facility with services including, personal training, exercise programs, massage therapy, reformer pilates, yoga, group exercise, a full aquatics program and a child care drop off center. They will supervise Fitness Center staff including an Associate Director of Fitness, Associate Director of Aquatics, Child Care Manager and the Director of Membership and oversee the Fitness & Wellness Center staffing, accounting, budget creation, market analysis and member relations.
- Drive fitness department revenues and membership goals and ensuring that fiscal success and net profit goals are achieved.
- Provide direct and indirect supervisory responsibility for all of the fitness and wellness employees and will provide appropriate leadership in accordance with the JCC Denver.
- Create and execute strategic plans, develop and implement best practices to ensure successful and continued growth.
- Cultivate a high-performance engaging culture that develops, empowers and recognizes great employees and while delivering top customer service, exceptional programs, and an immaculately clean, safe club to members.
- Work with the Director of Membership on recruiting, retention and onboarding of members
- Team with the Engagement department at the JCC to move the One J program forward
- The successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated, self-reliant, organized, driven to succeed, and able to handle concurrent projects and assignments.
- Bachelors degree in Health, Exercise Science, Fitness Management, or related field Minimum of 5 years experience selling and upscaling for premium products
- Minimum 3-5 years in leadership sales or management
- Proven track record of sales goal achievements
- 5+ years' in management
- Experience in service and customer retention
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- CPR/AE/First Aid certifications or willing to obtain upon hire
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The position requires the candidate to remain in a sitting position for prolonged hours in an office environment. While performing duties, the candidate is occasionally required to stand, walk use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Candidate must occasionally lift and or/move up to fifteen (15) pounds. Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle or workspace.
About Staenberg Loup Jewish Community Center
For nearly 100 year, the JCC"s mission has been to build a community rooted in Jewish values where everybody feels like they belong. Our center was founded in 1922 as a place of refuge for the Jewish people of Denver where they could safely gather under one roof to celebrate the cultural aspect of being Jewish.
Today the JCC is a community that extends beyond the walls in which we do business. We open our doors to anyone who wants to celebrate life and be a part of something more.