Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management, Management - Team, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer
State: AZ, CA, KS, NE, NH, NY, PA, RI, TN
Country: United States
Contact Name: Lyle Plueddeman
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Trek is hiring Store Managers in the US! Explore all openings at: trek.bikes/store-managers
*Paid relocation available!*
Immediate openings in -
- Murfreesboro, TN: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o9Xwdfwz&s=Bicycle_Industry_Jobs
- Memphis, TN: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oHJrdfwO&s=Bicycle_Industry_Jobs
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you’ll do
As Store Manager, a lot of responsibility will rest on your shoulders. You’ll lead the charge in every aspect of your store’s day-to-day operations and plans for future success, and you’ll be the one person ultimately accountable for setting the standard for amazing customer experiences, top-notch employee performance, and budget-beating sales.
This is a job for someone who loves people, cares about making the world a better place, and knows how to run a show. It requires strong leadership skills and the ability to build up the people around you. You’ll be a mentor, a leader, and an inspiration—and you’ll do it all while having a whole lot of fun. Your goal is to run not only a successful shop, but a shop that’s awesome for your community, your customers, and your employees. You will have the opportunity to change people’s lives.
Financial performance = 50%
- Actively work the sales floor, interacting with customers and employees to achieve the store’s sales goals.
- Be one of the top two (2) sales people in the store. Lead all staff in world-class customer service to deliver on all financial goals of the organization.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process, quarterly/monthly financial review meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
Staff performance = 25%
- Organize, implement, and validate staff training. Training areas include sales, merchandising, Daily Task List, Ascend POS, Ascend Analytics, and product training.
- Validate training through a variety of methods including active role-playing, Trek University, secret shop reviews, and direct observation.
- Conduct a bi-weekly leadership meeting with Service Lead, Sales Lead, and Inventory Lead to review the past two weeks performance as well as plan for future weeks.
Store merchandising and operations = 15%
- Participate in store merchandising to ensure a professional, accessible, and inviting shopping experience—this includes sorting, straightening, arranging fixtures, and setting up feature displays.
- Monitor store supplies and ordering or purchasing additional supplies as needed.
- Responsible for exporting daily files into QuickBooks at least once per week.
Human resources = 10%
- Actively take part in all aspects of human resources and staffing within the store, including interviewing potential employees, completing new-hire paperwork, creating schedules, and implementing discipline.