Bicycle Company Sales Manager
Posted by roll: Bicycle Company on 09/22/2020
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Service, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Are you an excellent communicator with a passion for building relationships, motivated to achieve personal and company goals, with an eye for growth opportunities? We are looking for a Sales Manager who will share our passion about how bikes change lives while helping us take the company to the next level.
THE COMPANY – ROLL: BICYCLE COMPANY
Bikes change lives. Whether connecting people in their communities, cementing friendships on the ride, helping families to spend quality time together, promoting health, riding for a cause, or just simply taking time to enjoy our city’s unique neighborhoods and country roads; bikes can (and do) change people’s lives. If more people can experience the positivity that riding bikes brings, and if together we give people the opportunity to find their own ride, then we all move forward. That's our goal.
With 12 years of history in our own brick-and-mortar stores, we are quickly evolving as a vertically integrated manufacturer and omni-channel business, developing and growing retail partnerships and online sales of roll: brand bikes and equipment. In pursuing our mission, we enjoy the positive impact we have on, and the connections we create in the communities we serve, as we proudly build bikes to order in Columbus, Ohio.
Our ideal Sales Manager wants to develop and foster relationships within our company, our Retail Partners, our agencies, and our riders alike. Invested in people and passionate about delivering mutual success in every situation, our Sales Manager takes personal responsibility in achieving our existing goals, while keeping both eyes open for strategic opportunities and new initiatives to boost our reach and value to all stakeholders. By maintaining a long-term strategic approach, executed creatively within the context of a growing business, this enthusiastic and driven leader, is poised to help guide our business into the next phase of growth.
Being the Sales Manager, and working closely with the COO and Founder/CEO, this open and honest leader respects our roots and the roll:: history and is excited by the evolution of our business and brand. This great listener has excellent communication skills and is comfortable with challenging and channeling new ideas, or our existing practices and willing to roll: up their sleeves as well as share their experiences. This driven and enthusiastic contributor has the right balance of being opportunistic and straightforward in order to carry things out but also has humility, and openness when solving problems, and will help us uncover and harness our potential to take the company to the next level.
The responsibilities of this Sales Manager position include, but are not limited to:
1 - Retail Partner Sales Strategy and Network Development
- Develop annual, and seasonal sales and marketing strategies to grow RP network.
- Develop new strategies to increase sell-through, and add value to existing RP’s.
- Lead the development of our RP training, and sales tools to support these efforts.
- Personally seek out and secure new key RP relationships in key markets.
- Monitor all internal and external RP sales efforts, utilizing our CRM Platform.
- Provide timely and actional predictive reporting on RP sales initiatives and funnel.
2 - roll: Agency and Brand Representative Network Development and Oversight
- Secure and develop roll: agency and Rep Network relationships nationwide.
- Serve as the primary contact for our Rep Network offering sales & training support.
- Development of our Rep Network training, and sales tools to support these efforts.
- Monitor sales efforts using our CRM system to provide timely, actionable reporting.
- Work with roll: Finance team to ensure accurate prompt payment of Rep Network.
3 - Frontline Retail Partner and direct to consumer sales support.
- Serve as a primary contact for our RP’s to support and secure customer sales.
- Monitor our online chat and email responses to RP and consumer questions.
- Ensure we are maintaining customer service across communication platforms.
- Minimum of 6 years’ work experience in a sales/sales management position.
- Proven ability to develop and implement B2B sales strategies to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key business opportunities for strategic growth.
- 4-year degree or equivalent in work experience
- Sales/sales management experience in the cycling/outdoor industry.
- Experience in working with outside agencies and rep groups.
- Experience working within a start-up business / growth-oriented company.
- Experience in contributing to sales team/department planning and growth.
- Confident & competent in using technology to manage work-flow and drive results.
- Experience in dealing with overseas manufacturers (supply chain)
- Frontline specialty retail, and B2C sales experience a strong plus
- A personal connection to cycling and the outdoors
- Respect our roots
- Celebrate ALL riders
- Live the lifestyle
- Make a difference
WHY ROLL:: BICYCLE COMPANY?
roll: stands out because we live our Core Values of:
- A respected brand with a great reputation and consistent award-winning record
- A strong vision and plan for the future, in a dynamic and fast-moving industry
- The chance to join a small team, and have a big impact in driving our growth
- The opportunity for rapid personal development and professional growth
- We strive to affect positive change in the lives of our team and our customers
- We are connected to the communities we serve and take pride in our impact
- Flexibility to a balance full time gig with a schedule that accommodates real life
Total compensation for this full time position includes Base Salary of $55,000, plus quarterly performance based incentives, plus annual profit share. Also includes generous Medical / Dental benefits, and 4 weeks paid time off.