Reports To: Sr. Category Manager
Hours Required: Full Time
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling business whose core purpose is to
Inspire People to Ride, Experience, and Explore!
Customers are Everything, Show them the Love!
Together we do it with Purpose, Passion & Pride
Set the Pace
Be a Sustainable Business
Be Honest & Open
Demonstrate Leadership through Serving Others
The Category Merchant drives relationships and processes associated with the overall product assortment from idea to end-of-life including sales, promotions, pricing, profit and inventory turns. In this role, the successful candidate will work with a team whose key responsibilities are to ensure the company’s inventory categories are trending and maintained according to the department’s strategy.
- Drives product, policy, communications, business development, marketing and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner.
- Generates and analyzes relevant vendor and category performance as it relates to market trends.
- Partners with vendors to improve processes and procedures within the supply chain.
- Identifies emerging and declining market trends and the associated risks.
- Develops long-term product planning and inventory commitments for key vendors and negotiates pricing terms.
- Researches and recommends growth opportunities in existing or new categories and provides relevant pricing analysis.
- Partners with cross-functional teams on innovative strategies to drive sales.
- Drives and/or supports company priority initiatives.
- Other special assignments as the business requires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an online retail environment.
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mindset to drive performance against KPIs.
- Ability to effectively manage cross-functional coordination.
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with an ERP system and excellent capability using Microsoft Suite of programs.
Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization – Effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively addresses problems and acts to prevent them.
- Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
- Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative – Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for full-time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Purchase Discount Program
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
Jenson USA is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screen. Jenson USA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.