Posted by EXPED USA on 02/21/2021
Industry Sector(s): Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor,
States: AR, CT, KS, LA, ME, MA, NH, OK, RI, TX, VT
Territories: South and New England (Sales-rep must reside in associated territory)
Categories: hard goods,
Employer State: WA
Employer City: Tacoma
Contact Name: Tracy Collins
Posting Description & Requirements
A sales representative for EXPED USA is responsible for all aspects of strategy, sales, and service within your specified territory. This includes but not limited to regional and account level strategy, product presentations, pre-season and in-season order management, buyer, staff, and customer education.
At EXPED you are more than a brand representative, you are a partner, brand ambassador, and a RESULTS DRIVEN leader. Your primary focus will be providing exceptional regional and account level insight and service leading to long-term business partnerships and sustainable brand growth.
- Develop Territory Go to Market Strategy
- Ability to forecast seasonal sales plans at the item, category, and account level
- Actively manage pre-season and in-season sales
- Establish, develop, and maintain best in class partnerships with retail partners
- Develop and support remote/digital retail solutions for meetings, line presentations, and staff education
- Attend regional and national trade shows as environment allows
- Proactively seek opportunities to partner with retailers and vendors at local and regional consumer events
- Expedite and resolve customer service questions and challenges as they surface
- Candidates must have experience operating a territory sales agency and an understanding and ability to navigate the independent contract sales rep model.
- Proven experience growing brands with sustainable distribution strategies
- Best in Class partnership and support with your retail partners
- Experience in outdoor sporting goods representation preferred, with an emphasis on the specialty retail market Proven ability to create positive and long-term relationships within a diverse group of job roles, including senior leaders, business owners, buyers, managers, floor staff, and Exped USA team.
- Knowledge of and participation in outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, backpacking, fishing, hunting, climbing, skiing
- Results Driven, self-directed, and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ideal candidates will have the resources and team to support brand initiatives and growth plan
EXPED is a Swiss based, premium outdoor hardgoods brand, specializing in best-in-class sleeping mats, sleeping bags, tents, backpacks, and outdoor accessories. EXPED is a privately owned company and has the freedom and privilege to build meaningful, longstanding partnerships with specialty retailers, manufacturers, and customers. We believe these partnerships are not measured by production output, but by strong, ethical industry leadership and unparalleled customer satisfaction.